The third Key Action of the Erasmus+ programme "Support to policy reform" aims to facilitate the modernization of education and training systems by building political cooperation between Member States.
The Support to policy actions are aimed at achieving the objectives of the European policy agenda, in particular the Europe 2020 strategy, the strategic framework for European cooperation in education and training (Education and Training 2020) and European Youth Strategy.
Key Action 3 is divided into two main types of activities: decentralized activities and centralized activities. The decentralized activities under the Erasmus+ Programme in Bulgaria are managed and implemented by the Human Resource Development Centre – the Erasmus+ National Agency, and the centralized activities are carried out by the European Commission's Education, Audio-visual and Culture Executive Agency in Brussels.
The decentralized action under Key Action 3 is Structured Dialogue: meetings between young people and decision-makers in the field of youth.
The "Structured Dialogue: meetings between young people and decision-makers in the field of youth" projects aim to promote the active participation of young people in democratic life and the debate on the main issues affecting them.
The structured dialogue aims at engaging in a debate with the participation of young people and decision-makers to help develop policies in this area, in particular in relation to the EU Youth strategy.
In addition, Key Action 3 covers many other actions to support policy reform in the fields of education, training and youth, that are being implemented directly by the European Commission or through specific calls for proposals managed by the Executive Agency.
The centralized actions under Key Actions 3 are:
- Civil Society Cooperation: Youth
- Civil Society Cooperation: Education and Training
- Erasmus Charter for Higher Education
- National Authorities for Apprenticeships
- Initiatives for policy innovation
- European Policy Experimentations
- Forward-Looking Cooperation Project
- Social inclusion through education, training and youth
- Structured Dialogue Youth
- Comprehensive policy frameworks for continuing VET
- Support for small and medium sized enterprises engaging in apprenticeships
- KA3 – VET-Business Partnerships on Work-based learning and Apprenticeships
- Higher Education Reform Experts (HEREs)
More information on the centralized actions can be found on the Executive Agency’s website: