Capacity-building projects are international cooperation projects based on multilateral partnerships between organisations active in the field of youth in Programme countries and third countries not associated to the Programme. They aim to support the international cooperation and policy dialogue in the field of youth and non-formal learning, as a driver of sustainable socio-economic development and well-being of youth organisations and young people.
The action will aim at:
- raising the capacity of organisations working with young people outside formal learning;
- promote non-formal learning activities especially targeting young people with fewer opportunities, in third countries not associated to the Programme, with a view to improving the level of participants’ competences while ensuring the active participation of young people in society;
- support the development of youth work in third countries not associated to the Programme, improving its quality and recognition;
- foster the development, testing and launching of schemes and programmes of non-formal learning mobility in third countries not associated to the Programme;
- contribute to the implementation of the EU Youth Strategy (2019–2027) including the 11 European Youth goals, and the Youth Action Plan in the EU External Action;
- foster cooperation across different regions of the world through joint initiatives;
- enhance synergies and complementarities with formal education systems and/or the labour market.