KEY ACTION 3 “SUPPORT TO POLICY REFORM”
DECENTRALISED ACTION „STRUCTURED DIALOGUE“
Projects for “Structured Dialogue: meetings between young people and decision-makers in the field of youth”
WHAT ARE THE OBJECTIVES OF THE STRUCTURED DIALOGUE MEETINGS?
The structured dialogue aims to promote active participation of young people in democratic life and debate on the main issues affecting them.
The structured dialogue projects enable young people to interact with decision-makers on issues affecting youth and to influence policy, and in particular in relation to the EU Youth Strategy.
WHAT ACTIVITIES ARE POSSIBLE?
Projects may last from 3 to 24 months and do not need a partner from another country unless transnational meetings are organised. Young people should lead and participate actively in the activities at all stages of the project from preparation to follow-up.
The typical activities of a Structured dialogue projects include:
- National meetings and international seminars providing opportunities for exchange of information, debate and active participation of young people in dialogue with policy-makers on structural dialogue and the EU Youth Strategy;
- National meetings and international seminars to prepare the official youth conferences organised during each rotating presidency of the Council of the EU;
- Events that promote debate and exchange of information on youth policy related issues and activities organized during the European Youth Week;
- Consultations with young people to identify their needs related to participation in the democratic life (online consultations, surveys, drillings, etc.);
- Meetings and seminars, information events or debates between young people and policy-makers or experts in the field of youth on the topics related to participation in the democratic life;
Events simulating the functioning of the democratic institutions and the role of policy-makers within these institutions.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Non-for-profit organizations, associations, NGOs, European youth NGOs, public institutions at local or regional level established in a programme country.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
- non-for-profit organizations, associations, NGOs;
- European youth NGOs;
- public institutions at local or regional level.
Young people between 13 and 30 years of age from the countries involved in the project;
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS
A minimum of 30 young participants is required.
HOW TO APPLY?
- An existing EU Login is necessary
- A valid PIC Registration on the Participant Portal is necessary
- All necessary documents of the organisation have to be attached in the Participant Portal
- Filling in and submitting an electronic form, together with all applicable attachments
- Submission of the application form and its accompanying documents in paper form by mail