Joint master degrees
Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees (EMJMDs) are international study programmes delivered by a consortium of higher education institutions (HEIs) from different countries and where relevant other partners with specific expertise and interest in the study programme.
EMJMDs aim to:
- Foster excellence, innovation, and internationalisation in HEIs
- Boost the attractiveness of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) and support the EU’s external action in the field of higher education
- Improve the level of competences and skills of Master graduates and their employability
- All participating HEIs established in a Programme Country must be institutions that award the corresponding EMJMD Master degree, either joint or multiple/double. The degrees must be accredited, where applicable, by the competent national authorities in the countries where the HEIs are established.
If national legislation allows, joint degrees are encouraged, as they represent a full integration of the learning and teaching process. An overview of the legal framework in the Erasmus+ Programme Countries relating to the award of joint or multiple/double master degree(s) can be found here.
The action supports the following:
- The delivery of an EMJMD study programme corresponding to 60, 90 or 120 ECTS credits, organised through an international consortium of HEIs including the participation of invited scholars (guest lecturers) for teaching, training and/or research purposes
- A study period in at least two of the HEIs of the consortium located in Programme Countries
- Additional study periods, research activities, placement, thesis preparation that may take place in other participating organisations from Programme or Partner countries,
- The award of scholarships to excellent students worldwide for their participation in one of these EMJMD programmes
The Joint Master Degrees projects are centrally managed and implemented by the European Commission’s Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA).
The current application deadline is 15 February 2018, 13:00 Bulgarian time, for actions starting between August and October 2018.
More information on the application process is available here.
For more information about the programme and partner countries, please check the Erasmus+ Programme Guide.